100km cycling event starting from Lound village hall, nr Lowestoft, Suffolk. Controls at Sea Palling and Reedham Ferry, plus 1 information control.
The route takes you through much of The Broads National Park, including Hickling, Hoveton, Wroxham, Salhouse and Ranworth. It includes a number of quiet lanes and picturesque villages, particularly Woodbastwick (look out for the Wherry real ales brewery) and a ferry ride at Reedham. There is a nice and interesting stretch along the Norfolk coast from just north of Gt Yarmouth to Sea Palling (passes Horsey windmill National Trust property). At one of the control options in Sea Palling you might be interested to look at the photo's of the 1953 floods. Also plenty of ice cream opportunities!
- 05:13 BST
- 20:45 BST
- No Mudguards required
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Toilets at the start
- Left luggage secure(ish) at the start
- Refreshments free or reasonably priced, at start and/or finish
- GPS files available from organiser
- John Thompson
- VC Baracchi
- Entries to:
- John Thompson
136 Dell Road
- 15-30 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- View & Download 88r.pdf updated 05.03.19
- Download 88g.zip updated 16.04.19
- If you intend to navigate using GPS, please remember that this event includes 1 Information controls - check the Routesheet