The Silly Suffolk
160km cycling event starting from Carlton Colville,Lowestoft, Suffolk. Controls at Thornham Magna, Orford and Dunwich, plus 2 information controls.
For seasoned riders this may not be the most challenging of rides. It's not the Fens so there might be a few slight 'upward' surprises but there are no hills to speak of. But try something a bit different in a unique peaceful and gentle corner of the British Isles. Quiet lanes, parts of the suffolk Sandlings AONB, the Suffolk churches and Suffolk Coastal cycle routes and Dunwich - one of the controls - and Tunstall forests, sleepy picturesque villages and the pretty maket towns of Eye and Framlingham Framlingham, with a castle, and the windmill at Saxted Green. A bit of culture too! Dunwich with it's intriguing history of being the medieval capital of East Anglia and churches under the sea, the bells of which it is allegded can be heard when the sea is rough. also, a control at picturesque Orford (on the quay), which has an interesting World War 2 history. I get many compliments on what a lovely route it is DO ENTER!
- 160 km in 12h48
- Sunday 13th October 2019
- 09:00 to finish by 21:48
- Starting from:
- Carlton Colville, Lowestoft, Suffolk
- £6.00 ( £6.60 when paying via PayPal. )
- Closing date:
- Entries now closed.
- 07:22 BST
- 18:14 BST
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Toilets at the start
- Refreshments free or reasonably priced, at start and/or finish
- Food some free food and/or drink provided on the ride
- John Thompson
- VC Baracchi
- Entries to:
- John Thompson
(event closed - contact details removed)
- 12.5-25 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- View & Download 44r.pdf updated 25.12.17
- Download 44g.zip updated 16.04.19
- If you intend to navigate using GPS, please remember that this event includes 2 Information controls - check the Routesheet