The Silly Suffolk
200km cycling event starting from Carlton Colville,Lowestoft, Suffolk. Controls at Thornham Magna, Orford and Dunwich, plus 4 information controls.
For seasoned riders this may not be the most challenging of events. It's not the Fens so there might be a few little 'upward' surprises but there's no hills to speak of. However, why not try something different in a unique peaceful and gentle corner of the British Isles. Quiet country lanes, including through both Tunstall and Dunwich forests, picturesque villages, and the attractive market towns of Framlingham, with it's castle, and Eye and the windmill at Saxted Green and the famous Snape maltings. Parts of the ride will be on Suffolk Coastal cycle route There's also a bit of culture! Pretty Orford (also with a castle) with its World War 2 mysteries and Dunwich, with its intriguing history of being the medieval capital of East Anglia and its churches under the sea, the bells of which it is alleged can be heard when the sea is rough. I get a lot of compliments about what a lovely route it is. DO ENTER!
- 200 km in 13h20
- Sunday 13th October 2019
- 08:00 to finish by 21:20
- Starting from:
- Carlton Colville, Lowestoft, Suffolk
- £6.00 ( £6.60 when paying via PayPal. )
- Closing date:
- Entries now closed.
- 07:22 BST
- 18:14 BST
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Toilets at the start
- Refreshments free or reasonably priced, at start and/or finish
- Food some free food and/or drink provided on the ride
- John Thompson
- VC Baracchi
- Entries to:
- John Thompson
(event closed - contact details removed)
- 15-30 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- View & Download 37r.pdf updated 25.12.17
- Download 37g.zip updated 16.04.19
- If you intend to navigate using GPS, please remember that this event includes 4 Information controls - check the Routesheet