Chiltern Grit 100
113km cycling event starting from Aylesbury,, HP21 7QX. Controls at Caversham and Hartwell Nurseries, plus 1 information control. NB ROUTE-CHECK THURS 20 FEB QUITE SATISFACTORY AND WELCOME EMAIL SENT TO RIDERS 20 FEB.
Start location at Walton Hall, Walton Street, open from 7:15 AM for pre-ride coffee & breakfast.
Please note event entry may close early if rider limit is reached. The ride is set up for a February ride. The route is all on gritted roads. Starting in Aylesbury it tracks out and back to Caversham on B Roads. This is an event for experienced Randonneurs, capable of riding long distances in all conditions throughout the winter, carrying all necessary food, clothing, spares, first aid etc. suitable for such conditions. Proof of passage has to be obtained by the entrant at main controls which are at commercial outlets. Route sheet, GPX, etc., available by way of bit.ly link below. Entry on the day only if spare cards are available; please check with organiser beforehand. All proceeds go Holy Trinity, Aylesbury, working with all people in church and local communities.
- 113 km in 7h32
- Saturday 22nd February 2020
- 09:00 to finish by 16:32
- Starting from:
- Aylesbury, , HP21 7QX
- £10.00 ( )
- Website maintenance:
- Event entries temporarily unavailable - covid 19
- 07:07 GMT
- 17:28 GMT
- A G P X R T (100)
- Shoestring event few or no facilities or AUK controllers
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Accomodation free or reasonably priced, at or near start
- Toilets at the start
- Refreshments free or reasonably priced, at start and/or finish
- GPS files available from organiser
- Jocelyn Chappell
- Aylesbury CC
- Entries to:
- (event closed - contact details removed)
- 15-30 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- Download 251g.zip updated 10.02.19
- If you intend to navigate using GPS, please remember that this event includes 1 Information controls - check the Routesheet
- See outline map below.