BRUM 200: the X-Rated Loop
211km cycling event starting from Balsall Common. Controls at Cannock Chase, Ironbridge and Bewdley, plus 3 information controls. The X-Rated version of a Loop of Birmingham. For experienced randonneurs, only brevet card and validation are included in the entry fee. Car park start, postal finish and 24 hours garage for late finishers.
A surprisingly scenic loop around Birmingham, crossing the five counties (West Midlands, Staffordshire, Shropshire, Worcestershire and Warwickshire) and several beauty spots, including Cannock Chase, the Ironbridge gorge, Wyre forest and the Severn valley. A pleasantly rolling route with a few more undulations in the Shropshire leg. The advised route follows B roads and quiet country lanes, with very little traffic.
- 211 km in 14h39
- Saturday 21st September 2019
- 08:00 to finish by 22:39
- Starting from:
- Balsall Common
- £2.00 ( £2.50 when paying via PayPal. )
- Closing date:
- Entries now closed.
- 06:48 BST
- 19:11 BST
- X P
- Shoestring event few or no facilities or AUK controllers
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Paolo Coppo
- West Midland Randonneurs
- Entries to:
- Paolo Coppo
(event closed - contact details removed)
- 14.4-30 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- Download 83g.gpx updated 28.05.19
- If you intend to navigate using GPS, please remember that this event includes 3 Information controls - check the Routesheet