The Cragg Challenge Grimpeur
100km cycling event starting from Cragg Vale. Controls at ADDINGHAM, plus 3 information controls. Part of the Cragg Vale festival, this 100km Audax ride tackles the longest continuous climb in the UK, as used on the Tour de France in 2014. Return to Cragg Vale via Addingham using the TdF route.
Plenty of climbs with rewarding views over Calderdale, Airedale and Wharfedale. Look out for mementos from the 2014 Tour de France, with yellow bicycles and coloured road markings (yellow, polka dot and green). Encourage your family to come along and participate in the other Cragg Challenge events - including a 10km ride up and down Cragg Vale on closed roads. See http://www.delphcyclist.info/CraggVale.html for additional details
- 06:50 BST
- 19:09 BST
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Toilets at the start
- Food some free food and/or drink provided on the ride
- GPS files available from organiser
- Mike Wigley
- Rochdale CTC
- Entries to:
- Mike Wigley
Higher Grange Fm
- 01457 870 421
- 12.5-30 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- View & Download 544r.pdf updated 14.05.19
- Download 544g.zip updated 14.05.19
- If you intend to navigate using GPS, please remember that this event includes 3 Information controls - check the Routesheet
- See outline map below.