105km cycling event starting from Tongwynlais, Cardiff. Controls at Nags Head, Tafarnaubach, plus 6 information controls. Beautifully scenic tour of the Valleys - from Cardiff to above Trefil - where Aneurin Bevan's ashes are scattered - and back. Eight major climbs (total 2163m), only 105k but feels like 200!
Cost includes lunch near Trefil: filled jacket potatoes or filled rolls & a pasta dish; 3 dessert options for them (two hot desserts or an ice cream sundae); and tea or coffee.
- 105 km in 8h45
- Saturday 14th September 2019
- 9::00 to finish by 17:45
- Starting from:
- Tongwynlais , Cardiff
- £8.00 ( £8.00 when paying via PayPal. )
- Closing date:
- Entries now closed.
- 06:44 BST
- 19:33 BST
- YH L P R T 50
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Youth Hostel at or near start
- Toilets at the start
- Left luggage secure(ish) at the start
- Refreshments free or reasonably priced, at start and/or finish
- Hugh Mackay
- Entries to:
- Hugh Mackay
(event closed - contact details removed)
- 12-24 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- Download 432r.zip updated 31.08.19
- Download 432g.zip updated 30.08.19
- If you intend to navigate using GPS, please remember that this event includes 6 Information controls - check the Routesheet