110km cycling event starting from Gunco Lane, Macclesfield. Controls at Bunbury, plus 1 information control. A new event for 2019, a flat ride around Cheshire following the first half of the Venetian Nights route, but without the hills!
Enjoy a light breakfast in Macclesfield before the first section, which is a flat and pleasant 53km across Cheshire. Pass the Lovell telescope at Jodrell Bank, through Goostrey and Middlewich , around Winsford, and through the Tilstone Fearnall lanes to the control at Bunbury, admire the 14th century Church before the choice of a quick Coop sarnie, fish and chips or a full english at Tilley's Cafe! The following section is quite flat as you head back eastwards through Alpraham, Church Minshull and on to an info control at Elton. Continue through Winterley, Hassall and Smallwood before skirting around Congleton, finally through Gawsworth to return to a Four Corners welcome in Macclesfield. Some short sections of A roads but mostly on quiet Cheshire B roads and minor country lanes, ideal for a first time audax.
- 07:01 BST
- 18:54 BST
- G L P R T
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Toilets at the start
- Left luggage secure(ish) at the start
- Refreshments free or reasonably priced, at start and/or finish
- GPS files available from organiser
- Shaun Hargreaves
- Four Corners Audax
- Entries to:
- Shaun Hargreaves
6 Langton Court
- 12-25 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- Download 380r.zip updated 29.11.18
- Download 380g.zip updated 29.11.18
- If you intend to navigate using GPS, please remember that this event includes 1 Information controls - check the Routesheet
- See outline map below.