110km cycling event starting from Macclesfield, Cheshire. Controls at Bunbury, plus 1 information control. A flat ride around Cheshire following the first half of the Venetian Nights route, but without the hills!
Enjoy a light breakfast in Macclesfield before the first section, which is a flat and pleasant 53km across Cheshire. Pass the Lovell telescope at Jodrell Bank, through Goostrey and Middlewich , around Winsford, and through the Tilstone Fearnall lanes to the control at Bunbury, admire the 14th century Church before the choice of a quick Coop sarnie, fish and chips or a full english at Tilley's Cafe! The following section is quite flat as you head back eastwards through Alpraham, Church Minshull and on to an info control at Elton. Continue through Winterley, Hassall and Smallwood before skirting around Congleton, finally through Gawsworth to return to a Four Corners welcome in Macclesfield. Some short sections of A roads but mostly on quiet Cheshire B roads and minor country lanes, ideal for a first time audax.
- 110 km in 9h10
- Saturday 26th September 2020
- 09:00 to finish by 18:10
- Starting from:
- Macclesfield , Cheshire
- £6.00 ( )
- Event entries are now via
the audax.uk website:
Go to audax.uk web page to Login and Enter this event
- 06:59 BST
- 18:57 BST
- G L P R T
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Toilets at the start
- Left luggage secure(ish) at the start
- Refreshments free or reasonably priced, at start and/or finish
- GPS files available from organiser
- Four Corners Audax
- Entries to:
- Shaun Hargreaves
(event closed - contact details removed)
- 12-25 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- Download 380r.zip updated 18.09.19
- Download 380g.zip updated 16.09.19
- If you intend to navigate using GPS, please remember that this event includes 1 Information controls - check the Routesheet
- See outline map below.