Tour of the Hills
115km cycling event starting from Shere Village Hall, Guildford. Controls at OCKLEY, SHEEPLEAS CAR PARK, EWHURST, ST MARTHA'S HILL CAR PARK, FARLEY HEATH and CRANLEIGH, plus 2 information controls. Enjoy riding many of the Surrey Hills' best roads, including some used by the 2012 Olympic road race route. This very popular ride is also well known for its excellent catering.
Despite its proximity to London, this is one of the most challenging and scenically stunning events in the country. Lovely forested climbs and exciting descents, many on centuries-old sunken lanes typical of the area, make this ride very special. Nutritionally balanced food is available at the start, mid-point and at the finish. Riders start from Shere Village Hall (GU5 9HB) from 09.40 in groups spaced five minutes apart to avoid congestion. This is a Brevet des Grimpeurs du Sud qualifying event. LATEST NEWS: Entries are now closed for this event.
- 115 km in 7h40
- Sunday 18th August 2019
- 09:40 to finish by 17:20
- Starting from:
- Shere Village Hall , Guildford
- £8.00 ( )
- Closing date:
- Entries now closed.
- 05:51 BST
- 20:20 BST
- F L P R T 225
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Toilets at the start
- Left luggage secure(ish) at the start
- Refreshments free or reasonably priced, at start and/or finish
- Food some free food and/or drink provided on the ride
- Mark Waters
- CTC West Surrey
- Entries to:
- Mark Waters
(event closed - contact details removed)
- 15-30 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- View & Download 356r.pdf updated 27.07.17
- Download 356g.gpx updated 27.07.17
- If you intend to navigate using GPS, please remember that this event includes 2 Information controls - check the Routesheet