Thanet Platinum Century
166km cycling event starting from Herne Common, Kent. Controls at Biddenden, Rye and Brabourne Lees, plus 3 information controls. A scenic ride through the rolling country lanes of Kent and East Sussex, starting & finishing at Goody Ales brewery.
Varied terrain, with some challenging hills and a few easy flat sections. Refreshments/snacks provided at the start, with a meal at the finish included in the entry fee, featuring quality local produce, plus the opportunity to enjoy the excellent Goody Ales beers (not included in the price). Basic camping available at the start/finish the night before and after the ride, or more upmarket camping and hotels nearby.
- 06:16 BST
- 19:31 BST
- C G L NM P R T 50 (2/9)
- No Mudguards required
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Camping at or near start
- Toilets at the start
- Left luggage secure(ish) at the start
- Refreshments free or reasonably priced, at start and/or finish
- GPS files available from organiser
- David Kenning
- Thanet RC
- Entries to:
- David Kenning
- 14-28 kph
- Total Climb:
- 2000m [1747m for AAA]
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- Download 335r.zip updated 21.08.18
- Download 335g.gpx updated 21.08.18
- If you intend to navigate using GPS, please remember that this event includes 3 Information controls - check the Routesheet
- See outline map below.