140km cycling event starting from Ponteland. Controls at Alwinton and Eglingham Village Hall, plus 1 information control. Undulating Route to Alwinton via Rothbury, then east below the Cheviot Foothills to Eglingham. Return via Alnwick and Shilbottle then a relatively flat finish across the Northumberland Coastal Plain
A good challenge for anyone looking for a shorter distance Audax or wanting to try one as a first event. Food, drinks and the option to have a rest at Eglingham Village Hall. Entries for this event are limited and may close before the closing date. If entries are not full at the closing date there may only be a limited number of late entries available if any. If you intend to enter and ride this event then early entry is encouraged to secure a place. For entry updates see Facebook Page 'Tyneside Vagabonds Audax Events'.
- 06:24 BST
- 19:45 BST
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Toilets at the start
- Refreshments free or reasonably priced, at start and/or finish
- Food some free food and/or drink provided on the ride
- GPS files available from organiser
- Andy Berne
- Tyneside Vagabonds
- Entries to:
- (please enter online)
- 13.5-30 kph
- Total Climb:
- 1520m [1278m for AAA]
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- View & Download 318r.pdf updated 07.10.18
- Download 318g.zip updated 23.08.18
- If you intend to navigate using GPS, please remember that this event includes 1 Information controls - check the Routesheet
- See outline map below.