The Middle Marches
205km cycling event starting from Ponteland. Controls at Alwinton, Eglingham and Eglingham, plus 3 information controls. Undulating route through Northumberland. There are no massive climbs and the few steeper sections are quite short. If the weather is good, outstanding views of Northumberland, Cheviot hills and the Borders.
Route visits Eglingham Village Hall twice, on outward and return sections, with food, drinks and rest available there. Return via Alnwick and Shilbottle then a relatively flat finish across the Northumberland Coastal Plain. Entries for this event are limited and may close before the closing date. If entries are not full at the closing date there may only be a limited number of late entries available if any. If you intend to enter and ride this event then early entry is encouraged to secure a place. For entry updates see Facebook Page 'Tyneside Vagabonds Audax Events'.
- 205 km in 14h21
- Sunday 8th September 2019
- 08:00 to finish by 22:21
- Starting from:
- £12.00 ( )
- Event entries are now via
the audax.uk website:
Go to audax.uk web page to Login and Enter this event
- 06:24 BST
- 19:45 BST
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Toilets at the start
- Refreshments free or reasonably priced, at start and/or finish
- Food some free food and/or drink provided on the ride
- GPS files available from organiser
- Andy Berne
- Tyneside Vagabonds
- Entries to:
- (please enter online)
- 14.3-30 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- View & Download 317r.pdf updated 07.10.18
- Download 317g.zip updated 23.08.18
- If you intend to navigate using GPS, please remember that this event includes 3 Information controls - check the Routesheet
- See outline map below.