The Silly Suffolk
100km cycling event starting from Carlton Colville, near Lowestoft. Controls at Wingfield, plus 3 information controls. A ride through flattish or gently undulating countryside through quiet pleasant Suffolk lanes and picturesque villages, including the surprisingly picturesque Waveney valley.
'Perks' include passing the St Peter's real ale brewery with a chance to buy 'produce' if you have time and the village store at Peasenhall (32 km) that usually has very tasty and big (!) sausage rolls. The control café at Wingfield, 'The Good The Bad and The Ugly (Cyclists must all score 2 out of 3!) is great with vegetarian and vegan options, all day breakfasts and daily pasta and dessert specials. Particularly picturesque villages are Saxted Green with its olde-worlde windmill and the Waveney valley villages of Wingield and Mendham.
- 100 km in 6h40
- Sunday 13th October 2019
- 10:00 to finish by 16:40
- Starting from:
- Carlton Colville , near Lowestoft
- £6.00 ( £6.60 when paying via PayPal. )
- Closing date:
- Entries now closed.
- 07:22 BST
- 18:14 BST
- No Mudguards required
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Toilets at the start
- Refreshments free or reasonably priced, at start and/or finish
- GPS files available from organiser
- John Thompson
- VC Baracchi
- Entries to:
- John Thompson
(event closed - contact details removed)
- 15-30 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- View & Download 19r.pdf updated 09.09.19
- Download 19g.zip updated 16.04.19
- If you intend to navigate using GPS, please remember that this event includes 3 Information controls - check the Routesheet