Scottish Borders Randonnee
204km cycling event starting from Selkirk. Controls at Moffat, Peebles and Melrose, plus 2 information controls. An early season ride through the West-Central Scottish Borders.
A ride up the Yarrow Valley, and along the shore of St Mary's Loch, before the first climb of the day - The Pass of Moffatdale (OCD 339m) Don't have too big a second breakfast in Moffat, because it's straight into the Devil's Beeftub (OCD 412m) Then it's all downhill to Peebles before the Dewar Swyre (370m OCD) and Hareshawhead (OCD 368m) arrive in quick succession. Finish with the rolling countryside of Roxburghshire before heading back west to Selkirk. Food at the finish. Scottish Borders Randonneurs on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/630413586999986/
- 204 km in 13h30
- Saturday 16th March 2019
- 08:00 to finish by 21:30
- Starting from:
- £10.00 ( )
- Closing date:
- Entries now closed.
- 06:28 GMT
- 18:14 GMT
- F G P R T
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Toilets at the start
- Refreshments free or reasonably priced, at start and/or finish
- Food some free food and/or drink provided on the ride
- GPS files available from organiser
- Russell Carson
- Scottish Borders Randonneur
- Entries to:
- Russell Carson
(event closed - contact details removed)
- 15-30 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
- BRM [PBP]
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- View & Download 131r.pdf updated 03.03.19
- Download 131g.gpx updated 03.03.19
- If you intend to navigate using GPS, please remember that this event includes 2 Information controls - check the Routesheet
- See outline map below.