150km cycling event starting from Abergavenny. Controls at Tintern and Grosmont, plus 4 information controls. An extended high summer tour of the fabulous lanes of Monmouthshire and Herefordshire with even more great views of the surrounding countryside from the Severn Estuary, dramatic river valleys to the Black Mountains.
Starting in the beautiful town of Abergavenny the ride journeys through the Vale of Usk, the Monnow Valley, Wentwood, the lower and middle Wye Valley, the Golden Valley and the edge of the Black Mountains taking in castles, standing stones, a fabulous burial chamber and a famous abbey on the way. Main controls at Tintern, Grosmont, Madley and Bredwardine. In addition to the light lunch at Grosmont, a commercial control will be serving fabulous tea, coffee and snacks in Tintern are several country pubs and shops will be on-route.
- 150 km in 10h00
- Sunday 1st July 2018
- 08:00 to finish by 18:00
- Starting from:
- £6.00 ( £6.50 when paying via PayPal. )
- Event entries are now via
the audax.uk website:
Go to audax.uk web page to Login and Enter this event
- 04:56 BST
- 21:35 BST
- YH F P L T
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Youth Hostel at or near start
- Toilets at the start
- Left luggage secure(ish) at the start
- Food some free food and/or drink provided on the ride
- Jonathan Saville
- Abergavenny RC
- Entries to:
- Jonathan Saville
(event closed - contact details removed)
- 15-25 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- Download 470r.zip updated 26.06.18
- Download 470g.zip updated 10.05.18
- If you intend to navigate using GPS, please remember that this event includes 4 Information controls - check the Routesheet
- See outline map below.