Wesley May Memorial Super Grimpeur
102km cycling event starting from Bynea, Llanelli. Controls at Cwmllynfell, Carreg Cennen Castle Cafe and Pontyberem, plus 4 information controls. A long-standing event – it was first run in 1993 - with plenty of challenging up-hills and less challenging down-hills on quiet roads.
It starts by taking in the hills north of Swansea/Llanelli before getting up onto the peaceful moorland of the Gwrhyd – a foretaste of the Black Mountain to come shortly. Good replenishment opportunities in the café of the picturesque Carreg Cennen Castle, before some more ups and downs, now in rural Carmarthenshire, Entry includes a warming soup and a roll at the finish The route is the same as in previous years, but the climbing figure has been reassessed by the AAA man.
- 102 km in 10h12
- Sunday 14th October 2018
- 09:00 to finish by 19:12
- Starting from:
- Bynea , Llanelli
- £5.00 ( £5.50 when paying via PayPal. )
- Closing date:
- Entries now closed.
- 07:36 BST
- 18:28 BST
- G F L P R T 30 (12/10)
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Toilets at the start
- Left luggage secure(ish) at the start
- Refreshments free or reasonably priced, at start and/or finish
- Food some free food and/or drink provided on the ride
- GPS files available from organiser
- Guto Evans
- Swansea DA
- Entries to:
- Guto Evans
(event closed - contact details removed)
- 10-25 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- Download 408r.zip updated 06.10.18
- Download 408g.zip updated 06.10.18
- If you intend to navigate using GPS, please remember that this event includes 4 Information controls - check the Routesheet