202km cycling event starting from Greenwich. Controls at Chiddingly and Mayfield, plus 3 information controls. A hilly ride from the River Thames to the coast and back, mainly using quiet lanes and B roads. Fantastic views enroute over Southern England and the Channel with climbs over the North Downs, Weald and South Downs.
Starts from Cutty Sark Gardens where light refreshments will be provided, followed by food at the Chiddingly village hall after 80km. Halfway point is the cafe on the beach at Seaford, where you can chose to stop or not. On the way back there is a control in the pretty medieval town of Mayfield, where you need to get a receipt from one of the shops. Pub finish in Greenwich (location TBC). Eligible for the Grimpeurs du Sud award (https://sites.google.com/site/grimpeursdusud/)
- 202 km in 14h08
- Monday 2nd April 2018
- 07:30 to finish by 21:38
- Starting from:
- £8.00 ( )
- Closing date:
- Entries now closed.
- 06:36 BST
- 19:33 BST
- F G R (31/03)
- Refreshments free or reasonably priced, at start and/or finish
- Food some free food and/or drink provided on the ride
- GPS files available from organiser
- Ivan Cornell
- Audax Club Hackney
- Entries to:
- Ivan Cornell
(event closed - contact details removed)
- 14.3-28 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- View & Download 291r.pdf updated 25.03.19
- Download 291g.zip updated 25.03.19
- If you intend to navigate using GPS, please remember that this event includes 3 Information controls - check the Routesheet
- See outline map below.