The Cumbrian 200
203km cycling event starting from Troutbeck Bridge, Cumbria. Controls at Caldbeck, Wasdale Head and Hawkshead, plus 2 information controls. A very scenic anti-clockwise tour of the Lakes, starting near Windermere and taking in Caldbeck, Buttermere, Wasdale Head, Duddon Valley and Coniston, but avoiding the busy 'honeypots' and main tourist roads.
Only uses two well known passes, Kirkstone and Newlands, but takes in a few tough, though lesser known, climbs. Very little traffic, with splendid views of lakes and peaks too numerous to mention. Potential for lambs and bluebells. Refreshments and sleeping facilities in the pavilion before and after the event. Please note that the 100km route is not on as a calendar event this year, but the perm cards will be on sale on the day.
- 203 km in 13h32
- Saturday 16th May 2020
- 08:00 to finish by 21:32
- Starting from:
- Troutbeck Bridge , Cumbria
- £8.00 ( )
- Website maintenance:
- Event entries temporarily unavailable - covid 19
- 05:06 BST
- 21:11 BST
- YH A(2) L P R T S
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Youth Hostel at or near start
- Toilets at the start
- Left luggage secure(ish) at the start
- Refreshments free or reasonably priced, at start and/or finish
- Lakes Velo
- Entries to:
- Paul Revell
(event closed - contact details removed)
- 15-30 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- Download 95r.zip updated 19.04.16
- Download 95g.zip updated 01.02.16
- If you intend to navigate using GPS, please remember that this event includes 2 Information controls - check the Routesheet
- See outline map below.