The New Border Raid
600km cycling event starting from Kirkley Cycles, Ponteland. Controls at Dumfries, Newton Stewart, Girvan, Darlrymple, Kirkconnel, Lockerbie Lorry Park OR Annadale Water Svces, Melrose and Alnwick, plus 2 information controls. Ride the military road beside Hadrians wall then B and quiet A roads through Galloway forest park. Kirconnel@330Km 16:00-04:00 hrs hot food, beds, bag drop.
24 hour transport cafe@390Km, beds £24, bag drop. Motel@394Km. If riding through the night. 24hour@Galashiels + Alnwick. Camping or park up camper at start/finish plus nearby hotels. 610 Km actual riding 4700m ascent.
- 04:44 BST
- 21:40 BST
- C F G L P R T Z(60)
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Camping at or near start
- Toilets at the start
- Left luggage secure(ish) at the start
- Refreshments free or reasonably priced, at start and/or finish
- Food some free food and/or drink provided on the ride
- GPS files available from organiser
- VC 167
- Entries to:
- Aidan Hedley
16 The Close
- 15-30 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- View & Download 8r.pdf updated 04.01.18
- Download 8g.zip updated 05.01.18
- See outline map below.