307km cycling event starting from Upton Magna, E of Shrewsbury. Controls at Shobdon Airfield, Builth Wells, Tregaron, Rhayader and Little Brampton. 32nd year of the AUK classic 'There (and back again)' from the Shire across 'blue remembered hills' to the wilderland of the Elenydd, the desolation of the Tregaron mountain road and the Ystwyth & Elan valleys
Entry fee includes food at start and finish, mobile feed stop at Abergwesyn and drinks at Little Brampton. Camping available at Upton Magna village hall Fri & Sat night for a small charge.
- 06:34 BST
- 19:53 BST
- C F G L P R T (120)
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Camping at or near start
- Toilets at the start
- Left luggage secure(ish) at the start
- Refreshments free or reasonably priced, at start and/or finish
- Food some free food and/or drink provided on the ride
- GPS files available from organiser
- CTC Shropshire
- Entries to:
- John Hamilton
22 Oaks Crescent
- 15-25 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- Download 748r.zip updated 09.10.17
- Download 748g.zip updated 04.04.16
- See outline map below.