205km cycling event starting from Llandudno. Controls at Beaumaris, Criccieth, Harlech and Blaenau Ffestiniog. Starts from Premier Inn, Craigside, Llandudno. Ride to the Welsh Castles collecting your control stamps as you go.
Superb scenery is included with Brewers fayre meal at the end.
1. Penrhyn Castle is a country house in Llandegai, Bangor, Gwynedd in the form of a Norman castle. It was originally a medieval fortified manor house, founded by Ednyfed Fychan. 2. Conwy Castle is a medieval fortification in Conwy. It was built by Edward I during his conquest of Wales between 1283 and 1289. 3. Beaumaris Castle, located in the town of the same name on the Isle of Anglesey in Wales, was built as part of Edward I's campaign to conquer the north of Wales after 1282 4. Criccieth Castle is a native Welsh castle situated on the headland between two beaches in Criccieth, Gwynedd, in North Wales, on a rocky peninsula overlooking Tremadog Bay 5. Harlech Castle, located in Harlech, Gwynedd, Wales, is a medieval fortification, constructed atop a spur of rock close to the Irish Sea. It was built by Edward I during his invasion of Wales between 1282 and 1289 6. Dolwyddelan Castle is a native Welsh castle located near Dolwyddelan in Conwy County in North Wales. It was built in the 13th century by Llywelyn the Great, Prince of Gwynedd and North Wales 7. Gwydir Castle is situated in the Conwy valley, Wales, a mile to the west of the ancient market town of Llanrwst and 1.5 miles to the south of the large village of Trefriw. Stamped addressed envelopes are not required.
- 205 km in 13h40
- Saturday 8th July 2017
- 08:00 to finish by 21:40
- Starting from:
- £10.00 ( £10.00 when paying via PayPal. )
- Closing date:
- Entries now closed.
U This is an updated event - these details have changed in some significant way, relative to previously published information
Change of Start Place
- 04:56 BST
- 21:43 BST
- A1 C G L R NM T
- No Mudguards required
- Camping at or near start
- Toilets at the start
- Left luggage secure(ish) at the start
- Refreshments free or reasonably priced, at start and/or finish
- GPS files available from organiser
- Chris Wilby
- Rhos-on-Sea CC
- Entries to:
- Chris Wilby
(event closed - contact details removed)
- 15-30 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- View & Download 628r.pdf updated 11.06.17
- Download 628g.zip updated 08.06.17
- See outline map below.