306km cycling event starting from Upton Magna, E of Shrewsbury. Controls at Church Stoke, Lake Vyrnwy, Tremadog and Bala, plus 2 information controls. Revised for 2017. Traverse the lost kingdom of Pengwern from the heart of Shropshire across blue remembered hills and wild Welsh mountains.
Starting with an early morning trip across the River Severn and through the Shropshire hills, then into the Welsh borders to Lake Vyrnwy and over the wild mountain roads to Tremadoc and back - climbs including Bwlch y Groes, Trawsfynydd mountain road, Allt Goch and Milltir Cerrig.
- 306 km in 20h24
- Saturday 16th September 2017
- 06:00 to finish by + 02:24
- Starting from:
- Upton Magna , E of Shrewsbury
- £8.00 ( £8.00 when paying via PayPal. )
- Event entries are now via
the audax.uk website:
Go to audax.uk web page to Login and Enter this event
- 06:44 BST
- 19:27 BST
- C F G L P R T (50)
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Camping at or near start
- Toilets at the start
- Left luggage secure(ish) at the start
- Refreshments free or reasonably priced, at start and/or finish
- Food some free food and/or drink provided on the ride
- GPS files available from organiser
- John Hamilton
- CTC Shropshire
- Entries to:
- John Hamilton
(event closed - contact details removed)
- 15-25 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- See outline map below.