403km cycling event starting from Upton Magna, E of Shrewsbury. Controls at Richard's Castle, Brockhampton, Llanelwedd, Aberystwyth and Trefeglwys, plus 1 information control. (or Sleepless in Aberystwyth). Head west to mid Wales and the Marches for the 2017 National 400. Full tlc village hall controls with all food included in the entry fee.
****EVENT FULL - ENTRIES CLOSED****
100km in Wales is just hilly enough for AAA points but mostly you'll be looking at the scenery rather than riding over it. Highlights include the historic Ironbridge gorge,Shropshire's 'blue remembered hills', and the Wye valley in Herefordshire before crossing the Cambrian mountains via the Elan reservoirs to the coast at Aberystwyth. Easy to navigate night section back over Plynlimon on quiet A-roads.
- 403 km in 27h00
- Saturday 24th June 2017
- 08:00 to finish by + 11:00
- Starting from:
- Upton Magna , E of Shrewsbury
- £35.00 ( £35.00 when paying via PayPal. )
- Closing date:
- Entries now closed.
- 04:47 BST
- 21:39 BST
- C F G L P R T
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Camping at or near start
- Toilets at the start
- Left luggage secure(ish) at the start
- Refreshments free or reasonably priced, at start and/or finish
- Food some free food and/or drink provided on the ride
- GPS files available from organiser
- John Hamilton
- CTC Shropshire
- Entries to:
- John Hamilton
(event closed - contact details removed)
- 15-25 kph
- Total Climb:
- 4100m [1650m for AAA]
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- Download 2r.zip updated 07.05.17
- Download 2g.zip updated 07.05.17
- See outline map below.