100km cycling event starting from Abergavenny. Controls at Tintern, plus 4 information controls. A ride to capture the many beautiful autumnal shades of the Welsh Borders, providing stunning views of the Black Mountains, the Monnow & Wye Valleys and Vale of Usk along the way.
Starting in of Abergavenny, the ride takes in the sights of the battlefield of Campston Hill, the Monnow Valley, Trelleck Plateau, Lower Wye Valley, Wentwood, Vale of Usk and back through pretty lanes to Abergavenny. Woodlands of every tree species along the way should provide colour a plenty. The Main control is at the fantastic Kingstone Brewery near Tintern but many other pleasant country pubs, shops and cafes are to be found along the route should further refreshment be needed. The entry fee includes A choice of baguette/panini and tea/coffee at The Filling Station Cafe in Tintern.
- 100 km in 8h00
- Sunday 8th October 2017
- 09:00 to finish by 17:00
- Starting from:
- £10.00 ( £11.00 when paying via PayPal. )
- Event entries are now via
the audax.uk website:
Go to audax.uk web page to Login and Enter this event
- 07:23 BST
- 18:39 BST
- YH F P L T
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Youth Hostel at or near start
- Toilets at the start
- Left luggage secure(ish) at the start
- Food some free food and/or drink provided on the ride
- Jonathan Saville
- Abergavenny RC
- Entries to:
- Jonathan Saville
(event closed - contact details removed)
- 12.5-25 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- Download 170r.zip updated 01.10.16
- Download 170g.zip updated 22.08.16
- If you intend to navigate using GPS, please remember that this event includes 4 Information controls - check the Routesheet
- See outline map below.