100km cycling event starting from Abergavenny. Controls at Grosmont, plus 4 information controls. A gently scenic 100km tour of north Monmouthshire and SW Herefordshire mostly on beautiful and quiet lanes with fabulous views of the surrounding uplands.
Starting in the beautiful town of Abergavenny the ride takes in the Vale of Usk, the Monnow Valley, the Sugar Loaf and the edge of the Black Mountains. Main controls at Usk, Wonastow, Grosmont, Longtown Castle and Gilwern. No commercial controls but snacks and drinks are provided at Grosmont and several pleasant country pubs are to be found along the route. Owing to entries on the day causing delays at the start, these will only be accepted by prior arrangement, charged an extra £2 (via donation to St John's Ambulance) and will be sorted after the main field has departed.
- 100 km in 6h40
- Sunday 4th June 2017
- 09:00 to finish by 15:40
- Starting from:
- £6.00 ( £6.50 when paying via PayPal. )
- Event entries are now via
the audax.uk website:
Go to audax.uk web page to Login and Enter this event
- 04:58 BST
- 21:23 BST
- YH F P L T
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Youth Hostel at or near start
- Toilets at the start
- Left luggage secure(ish) at the start
- Food some free food and/or drink provided on the ride
- Jonathan Saville
- Abergavenny RC
- Entries to:
- Jonathan Saville
(event closed - contact details removed)
- 15-25 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- Download 148r.zip updated 29.05.17
- Download 148g.zip updated 01.02.16
- If you intend to navigate using GPS, please remember that this event includes 4 Information controls - check the Routesheet
- See outline map below.