102km cycling event starting from Bynea, Llanelli. Controls at Control. Pontyberem - NISA store and Control. Cwm Du - Cwm Du Inn, plus 3 information controls. The ride starts along the coastal cycle path to the south of Llanelli and then gently up the old railway cycle path to Pontyberem.
The route then goes via Porthryhd, crossing the Towy and climbing up through Salem to a pub stop (flagstone floor, open fire, very good value cawl and rolls) at Cwmdu, before returning on quiet main roads through Llandeilo and Gorslas, and a sharp climb after Cross Hands. After the opening 25km the route is far from flat, but the time allowance is generous at an average of 12kph.
- 102 km in 8h30
- Sunday 20th March 2016
- 08:30 to finish by 17:00
- Starting from:
- Bynea , Llanelli
- £4.50 ( £5.00 when paying via PayPal. )
- Closing date:
- Entries now closed.
- 06:20 GMT
- 18:29 GMT
- C L F P R T 50
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Camping at or near start
- Toilets at the start
- Left luggage secure(ish) at the start
- Refreshments free or reasonably priced, at start and/or finish
- Food some free food and/or drink provided on the ride
- John Bastiani
- Swansea DA
- Entries to:
- John Bastiani
(event closed - contact details removed)
- 12-25 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- Download 49r.zip updated 10.03.19
- Download 49g.zip updated 11.03.18
- If you intend to navigate using GPS, please remember that this event includes 3 Information controls - check the Routesheet