Merse and Moors
300km cycling event starting from Musselburgh. Controls at Innerleithen, Elsdon, Alnwick and Duns, plus 1 information control. A ride with lovely scenery and with four summits over 400m provides a challenging and rewarding day out. Free food and drink at the start and finish.
Ride down through the Borders to cross into England at Carter Bar followed by a loop through Northumberland. Return via Berwickshire and East Lothian. Mostly on B and minor roads. Food/drink provided at start and finish. This is the new route as trialed very successfully in 2016 with less climbing in Northumberland but more climbing on the way back from Duns. *ENTRIES NOW CLOSED - NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY*
- 300 km in 20h00
- Saturday 28th April 2018
- 06:00 to finish by + 02:00
- Starting from:
- £10.00 ( )
- Closing date:
- Entries now closed.
- 05:39 BST
- 20:42 BST
- X P L R (50)
- Shoestring event few or no facilities or AUK controllers
- Parking free or reasonably priced, at start
- Left luggage secure(ish) at the start
- Refreshments free or reasonably priced, at start and/or finish
- Audax Ecosse
- Entries to:
- Martin Foley
(event closed - contact details removed)
- 15-30 kph
- Total Climb:
- Event No:
The following extra information has been provided by the event organiser:
For your own security, always virus-check any file you download before opening it. To download a file, right-click on it and use 'Save' or 'Save Target'.
- View & Download 213r.pdf updated 30.03.16
- Download 213g.zip updated 30.03.16
- See outline map below.