DIY Permanent Events
DIY Perms are permanent events where you plan both the route and the date of the ride.
This basically involves :
- Submitting a completed entry form.
- Purchasing a brevet card to record your ride.
- Telling the DIY organiser when and where you wish to ride.
- Doing the ride and obtaining suitable proof of doing the ride.
- Sending the completed brevet to the organiser.
We have 3 types of DIY rides.
- Traditional DIY : where you get timed receipts / stamps as proof of passage.
- DIY by GPS : where you submit a gps track as proof of passage.
- Extended calendar events : allow you to extend a calendar event by riding to/from the event.
DIY by GPS may be either 'advisory' route (any route can be taken between the nominated 'controls')
'Mandatory' route where the exact route is pre-defined by means of a GPX track.